When operating a forklift, never forget: Safety first!
Whether you are a well-trained, experienced forklift driver, or someone who is just learning, it is important to maintain your forklift safety knowledge. A forklift is a piece of heavy machinery and operating one, whether it is used inside a warehouse or out, must be always done in a safe manner. Having up to date and extensive forklift safety knowledge will not only keep you safe, but also protect those working around you.
As part of our commitment to safe materials handling, we have produced a range of industry-standard, forklift truck safety resources; designed for both novice and experienced operators alike.
Keeping operators informed
Keep forklift safety at the forefront of operatives’ minds by downloading our helpful forklift safety poster, full of forklift safety tips. Display these around the warehouse and ensure forklift safety is never an afterthought.
Other helpful resources
We have also published a series of safety articles which you might find useful.
Forklift safety articles
- 6 features that help you operate your truck safely
- 10 forklift safety tips for the winter months
- Top tips for loading and unloading forklifts safely
- 7 most common forklift truck mistakes and how to avoid them
- Stay safe; stay where you are
Warehouse safety articles
- Warehouse safety best practices
- Keeping your core asset in shape
- How to keep your warehouse staff safe over the summer
- 5 ways to create a safe battery charging room
Forklift safety – 7 deadly sins
Understanding common forklift safety mistakes will help you avoid any potential accidents. We have put this safety video together for anybody operating materials handling equipment. In fact, as it’s not always the operator that is at fault when an accident happens, this video is essential viewing for anyone working in, or passing through, the working area.