Work twice as fast by carrying two pallet loads at once.
These time-saving platform double handlers are ideal for intensive lorry loading and unloading with double-stacked goods. They also halve the number of movements needed in cross-docking and internal transport applications over short, medium and long distances.
Why choose an NPV or NPF platform double pallet handler?
Platform double pallet handlers serve the purposes of platform power pallet trucks but are also equipped with a mast. This provides additional benefits, including the ability to carry two pallet loads at a time. One is placed on the straddle legs and the other is carried above it on the forks.
Importantly, this allows double pallet handling without increasing the length or width of the combined warehouse truck and load. The double pallet handler remains compact and highly manoeuvrable, even in tight spaces. Another very useful feature of the mast is its 210 mm initial lift. It ensures good clearance under the load and makes work easier on steep ramps and warehouse loading docks.
Three models are available. The NPV20N3D has a foldable platform, allowing the operator to switch between ride-on and pedestrian lift truck modes. The two fixed platform models give extra comfort and protection, with solid safety barriers around the operator compartment. Entry is from the rear on the NPF20N3DR or from the side on the NPF20N3DS.
Advanced ergonomic features include the ProRide+ system, which is a milestone in power pallet truck development. It simultaneously maximises traction, damping and stability, even on slippery, wet or irregular surfaces and when cornering.
Another class-leading feature is the emPower tiller head. Its optimum ergonomics combine with a choice of three steering types to give rapid, precisely controlled performance. Operators also enjoy comfortably damped platforms. On the fixed platform models there is the option of a unique, electrically adjusted damping system.
The impressive standard specification can be supplemented by a wide range of optional extras. Each model can also be prepared for use with Li-ion or lead-acid battery power, depending on your preference.
- Fully weather-protected and impact-resistant tiller head is sealed to IP65 standard and reinforced for high durability.
- Sealing of connectors, sensors and other key components combines with robust construction, protected display location, shock and accident resilience, long service intervals and fast access features – including removable motor cover – to reduce maintenance needs and improve uptime.
- Standard display includes BDI (battery discharge indicator) to help prevent damaging deep discharge and support optimal timing of battery changes.
- Multifunctional display option offers clear information on truck and battery condition, faults and actions, and enables setting of operator IDs and PIN code access to avoid unauthorised truck use.
- Compatibility of parts reduces stock-related costs for servicing of these and other Cat® trucks
- Double pallet handling capability halves the number of transport movements required.
- Initial lift (210 mm) allows clearance under load and makes work easier on steep ramps and loading docks.
- Compact dimensions combine with easy, accurate handling to allow quick manoeuvring, even in tight spaces.
- Fully integrated Li-ion technology makes continuous operation possible, without battery changes, using fast opportunity charging during short breaks. (Both Li-ion and lead-acid versions are available.)
- Exceptional levels of comfort, control, traction and stability keep operators alert, confident and productive, however intense their workload.
- Three performance modes are selectable to suit individual users and applications: Pro for advanced operators and intensive operations;
- Eco to blend low energy consumption with high productivity; Easy for learners and sensitive goods handling. (These are only available with multifunctional display option.)
- Latest AC drive motor technology delivers higher torque and easier controllability, for top-class performance.
- Proportional lift/lower control via rocker buttons enables quick, smooth and fine-tuned fork movements.
- Unique ProRide+ system is a milestone advance in power pallet truck development which solves the age-old problem of how to combine effective traction, damping and stability.
- Unique floating drive unit design works with additional friction force from the hydraulic system to maximise drive wheel pressure and traction, so wheelspin on slippery floors is prevented and braking performance optimised.
- Unique patented castor wheel design uses variable damping to minimise shocks and vibration, even on rough surfaces, and features a locking function which maintains stability during turns, with or without loads.
- Best-in-class emPower ergonomic tiller head gives easier access to controls with a unique design that achieves the optimum distance between hand and lift/lower buttons.
- Ergonomically designed tiller head operating features include optimised handle shape and cross-section, large hand space, enlarged horn and lift/lower buttons, and an optimally angled throttle wheel with seven convenient finger positions.
- Dual throttle wheel controls allow easy reach with either hand and can be used accurately even when operator is wearing gloves.
- Tiller-type power steering via a short tiller arm features a hydraulic damper and works without physical connection to the drive wheel – avoiding transmission of bumps, twists and turns, while enabling comfortable, controlled, precise manoeuvring. (Available on folding platform and rear-entry fixed platform models.)
- Comfort Steering via a tiller head without arm – as on an electric scooter – maximises power-steered control and precision, with the aid of a damper, while avoiding shock, vibration, strain and fatigue in the operator’s hands, wrists and arms. (Available on fixed platform models.)
- Mechanical steering option provides a long tiller arm for a simple, low-effort manoeuvring solution in less intense work environments. (Only available on folding platform models.)
- Electronic steering technology automatically adjusts sensitivity according to steered angle and truck speed, and gives resistance and feedback, for controlled travel and full confidence. (On power-steered trucks.)
- Cornering control automatically slows truck down when turning, to maintain safe motion. (On power-steered trucks.)
- High-comfort damping on both folding and fixed platforms minimises impacts on the knees, especially, and acts progressively with increasing operator weight, while ergonomic controls and steering further reduce effort and fatigue.
- Unique electrically adjustable damping option on fixed platform models is optimised for each operator’s weight and preference at the touch of a button, providing a cost-effective increase in comfort.
- Overhead guard protects operator from falling goods. (Standard on fixed platform models with higher-lifting mast. Optional on all others.)
- Protective side bars on folding platform models are high-positioned, cushioned, comfortable, and shock-resistant, and are deployed quickly and simply – with one hand – to help avoid falls and defend against impacts.
- Fixed platform models give extra protection and comfort, with low step height and a choice of rear and side entry barrier designs.
- Optional foot protection system automatically slows/stops the truck if foot is outside platform. (Rear entry fixed platform models.)
- Rugged build includes compact but heavy-duty chassis, integrated bumper and cast-iron platform to resist deformation and protect the operator.
|LOAD CENTRE (mm)