13 March 2019
At Cat® Lift Trucks, we like to share valuable market information and views with our customers; logistics and materials handling professionals.
In a recent publication, the Spanish Blog de la Logistica from the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya shared how they believe logistics will be affected in 2019. In summary, they suggested:
- Artificial intelligence (AI) will be used to optimize times, schedule the best trips with the lowest costs and the best routes, etc.
- There will be an increase in personalization of services.
- There will be increased robotic automation in logistics, not just in order-picking but also in storage, supply and product unloading.
- Internet of things (IoT) - Interconnectivity is expected to reduce operating costs and to offer greater traceability.
- Big data will make an impact on logistics.
- There will be an increased use of cloud applications for sharing information.
- Logistics will be aiming for 0% error rates in deliveries.
- Last mile delivery optimization improvements. This is where most problems arise in the delivery chain and companies will have to improve this.
- There will be a rise of drones and smart glasses. Not just on the road, but also in our warehouses.
Which trend do you expect to have a big impact on your business?