Electric lift trucks offer an environmentally friendly means of transporting goods around a site. These trucks are a comprehensive choice for any application, offering benefits such as minimal maintenance needs, better handling and reduced noise output.
If you’re considering an electric forklift truck for your business, here is everything you need to know.
A look at our electric forklift range
Our electric forklift trucks offer many benefits to the owner and operator. Longer shift cycles improve efficiency, while our versatile configurations offer easily programmable operating characteristics which let you match machine performance with operator experience and load type.
Our electric forklifts are highly energy efficient and benefit from an on-the-go self-diagnostic and fault memory monitoring system. All models also feature a built-in service reminder so you can schedule your maintenance to suit your shift patterns.
Our range at a glance:
- EP10-35(L)CB - equipped with a host of ergonomic and safety features
- EP14-20A(C)NT – a compact design, offering amazing manoeuvrability.
- EP13-20T(B)CB - with advanced AC motor technology which provides high torque and faster acceleration
- EP16-20A(C)N - ideal for efficient handling in containers, lorries, drive-in racking and other cramped, fast-paced environments.
- EP25-35(C)N – offering high-powered performance in applications where diesel and IC engine lift trucks are not permissible.
- EP40-55(C)N(H) - with high power and efficiency, but no emissions, this range maximises every electric advantage
Which applications and industries do electric forklifts suit best?
The electric forklift trucks are suitable for transporting a wide range of unit loads including pallets, pallet boxes and stillages. Designed primarily for use indoors, but with some models also suitable for outdoor use, the electric forklift is ideal for lifting goods in and out of racking and moving loads at ground level around a site.
Suitable applications include:
- Warehouse applications
- Production environments
- Loading and unloading goods vehicles
As electric forklifts do not produce emissions like their alternatives, they are also suitable for use in environments where hygiene is a consideration, such as those where food and medicine is handled.
Why choose an electric forklift?
- Environmentally conscious – electric forklifts are the most environmentally friendly of all the counterbalance lift trucks. This also means a cleaner working environment for operates and other staff.
- Less maintenance – compared to alternatives, electric forklifts often require less maintenance. With fewer moving parts, these trucks have minimal maintenance requirements which not only reduces costs, but also minimises downtime too.
- Compact handling – electric forklift trucks are often smaller in size than their alternatives, making them easier to handle.
- Reduced noise output – some lifttrucks can be very noisy which is often distracting for operators. Electric forklift trucks, however, are very quiet, allowing the operator to concentrate whilst also keeping those working around them safe. The noise created by other forklift types can also cause complaints from neighbours, so an electric forklift could help you avoid any disturbances.
- For power – despite what some think, electric forklifts offer unbeatable resilience, with undeniable toughness and incredible performance. They are a clean, adaptive and powerful alternative to engine models.
- Avoid expensive warehouse costs – there are many reasons why electric forklifts can save you money. As we already mentioned, they often require less maintenance which is an immediate cost saving. But because they produce no emissions, there is no need to invest in expensive warehouse ventilation. In turn, that also means less money spent on heating whilst the warehouse is being ventilated.
When might another type of truck be more suitable?
Electric forklifts can have lower load capacities than their alternatives. So, for very heavy duty applications with capacities above 6 tonnes, a diesel forklift is often a better option. A diesel alternative may also perform better in harsh, dirty and wet environments.
Getting the right truck for the job
Getting the right truck for your business is essential for high productivity and efficiency. It’s always best you speak to your local dealer who will be able to offer you advice on the most suitable forklift for your needs. Alternatively, you can also check out our lift truck selector tool here.